The Baby Jogger FIT is a high-quality, great looking stroller, that appears to be well tuned to the needs of serious runners. However, performance-wise it did not have what it takes to be a top stroller for runners in our comparison tests. We would not recommend it to a friend.
Baby Jogger F.I.T. ReviewPrice: $300.00 List
Pros: Quality, can be folded with one hand, 75 lbs. weight capacity, roomy seat, large canopy
Cons: Heavy, does not "glide" forward, price, accessories are extra, non-adjustable handlebar
Bottom line: This is not the jogging stroller we would recommend to a friend
RELATED REVIEW: The Race for the Best Jogging Stroller of 2018
Our Analysis and Test Results
The Baby Jogger FIT should be a great jogging stroller. It is made with high quality materials and finishes, has a responsive hand brake, a stylish design, a large canopy and roomy seat to accommodate taller kids. Unfortunately, its performance as a jogging stroller is not up to par with these features or with the top jogging strollers we reviewed.
- The Baby Jogger FIT has the front wheel that is permanently fixed, which is safer for running. It does so by keeping the stroller on a straight path, making it more steady and less able to tip.
- The quality of the materials is very good.
- Its patented Quick-Fold Technology allows you to fold the stroller with one hand.
- The seat cover is machine washable.
- Has a weight limit of 75 lbs, which together with a roomy seat, makes for a stroller that you can keep using even after your kid has outgrown other strollers.
- The back of the seat has convenient storage pockets and an easy-to-access lower basket.
- The canopy is ample and can be detached from the handlebar to give greater coverage from the sun.
- At 27 lbs, it is heavy compared to other strollers we reviewed.
- The Baby Jogger FIT does not "glide" forward with each push, which makes running with this stroller uncomfortable and harder than it needs to be.
- Unlike most joggers, the FIT has no shock absorbers.
- Accessories (parent console, snack tray for baby, car seat adapter) have to be bought separately.
- The front wheel is fixed, which some runners prefer (although we found high quality joggers with swivel wheels to perform better, when locked, even when running). The fixed wheel definitely deteriorates the stroller's maneuverability in a crowd or compact spaces.
- There is no way to adjust the handlebar height or angle
We had great expectations for the Baby Jogger FIT. The quality of the materials and the construction is top notch, but it simply does not deliver as a running stroller when compared to similarly priced competing products. The Baby Jogger FIT is not cheap, and its price puts it head to head with the slightly higher priced BOB Ironman, as a stroller for serious runners. But, when compared to the Ironman, the FIT is significantly heavier, and scored lower on every one of our rating metrics and tests. If you are deciding between these two strollers, go for the BOB Ironman.
BabyGearLab Member Reviews
Most recent review: June 14, 2015
Have you used this product?
Don't hold back. Share your viewpoint by posting a review with your thoughts...