Infantino Swift Classic Review
Our Analysis and Test Results
- Inexpensive — The Infantino Swift Classic does have a couple things going for it. For one, the less than $20 price tag is ultra-low in the world of baby carriers. However, we consider it money wasted. If you can help it, we don't recommend investing in this carrier just to save a buck.
- Simple — One more plus? It is also a fairly easy carrier to figure out and use.
- Uncomfortable for both parent and baby — Once in place, baby does not feel secure. It is poorly designed with large buckles right where baby sits. It also lacks proper ergonomics, leaving baby's legs dangling straight down.
- Parent Padding — Less than substantial, particularly in the shoulders
- Bib is a Bust — Infantino touts a "Wonder Cover 2-in-1 Bib" to catch baby's drool, etc. but it is made of a thin, non-absorbent material which just wasn't functional.
- Limited Carry Positions — This carrier only offers 2 carry positions: front carry facing in or front carry facing out. Although it states a 25 pound weight limit, this carrier was not appropriate for a toddler who was pushing that limit. It was much too small and not supportive enough.
In our experience, the Infantino Swift Classic definitely gave us a return on our investment, which happened to be next to nothing. We were really disappointed to see such an affordable option score the lowest in our ratings. If you're a fan of the Infantino line, we say go for their still affordable, yet much better scoring Infantino Sash Mei Tai.
Honest, objective reviews. Led by a Pediatrician.
BabyGearLab was founded by a Pediatrician Mom with a mission to provide a reliable, independent, source of information to new parents. Our experts have tested thousands of baby and kids products to share key performance, health, and safety findings. We spend tens of thousands of dollars crash testing car seats to inform our ratings. And, we combine our review work with gobs of expert parenting advice. To assure complete independence, we buy all the products we test ourselves. No sponsored content. No ads. Just real, honest, side-by-side testing by people who care.Learn More