Appropriate for ages 6 months to 3 years (with a maximum weight of 37 pounds), the Lobster is available in Black and in Black/Red washable material with an unattached food tray that's dishwasher safe.
The included food tray is not all that useful, since it isn't locked in. We prefer to use a mat instead, one of our favorites being the Summer Infant Tiny Diner.
We like this travel high chair because it makes dining out with little ones less stressful for many reasons: it keeps your toddler from running around and your baby out of your arms so you can eat hands-free; you don't have to worry about dirtying up the restaurant's high chair, and it's safer all around than traditional dining-out child-seating options (it has a European safety certification of ECE R44/04 in Europe). Some parents even choose to use this product at home as their main high chair, especially those who live in smaller spaces.
The Phil and Teds chair is very similar to the Inglesina Fast Table Chair which we also like. Here's a quick comparison to the Inglesina chair:
- The Phil and Teds is easier to clean
- The Phil and Teds chair is $30 more expensice than the standard model Inglesina
- The Inglesina clamp system is different, works on most tables, and unlike the Phil and Teds it can work on tables with a lip
- We think the Phil and Teds clamp system is more secure, so long as the table doesn't have a lip (in which case it won't work at all)
Our two-cents is biased to safety considerations: if your table will work with the Phil and Teds straight-clamp system, we recommend going with it because we consider it more secure. However, the Inglesina is a very fine product, and for use dining out or traveling, when you can't be sure the table will have a lip or not, it is the right product.
The most commonly cited likes for this product are:
- Sturdy and safe
- Cleans easily
- Travels well
User reviews frequently note these disadvantages:
- Included food tray serves little purpose because not locked in
- Does not work on tables with a lip (consider the Inglesina Fast Table Chair if this is relevant for you)